Thanks to all our voters CrossFit Portsea Island have successfully managed to make it onto the Great British Box Tour. Out of 80 UK boxes we made it into the top 18 and will be getting a visit from the GBBT team on Saturday 8th February 2014.
The Great British Box Tour is aimed at promoting UK CrossFit and to develop the community as well as the individuals box’s business. It is programmed to tie into the start of the 2014 CrossFit Open to focus the UK Community’s attention on to all the UK Athletes and Teams across the country.
The tour will take place over a 3-week period from 7th February – 28th February covering 18 CrossFit boxes. The tour team will be living and working from a huge RV fully fitted out with a podcast area and professional filming equipment.
Each UK CrossFit box will benefit from the following:
- A podcast with the owners/coaches/top athletes.
- Video of the WOD (Posted to YouTube. An inter-box ongoing competition WOD conducted at every box during the tour with one overall box winner).
We will also run the following seminars at every box:
- Performance Enhanced Nutrition (Around Workout Nutrition)
- Going Long (CrossFit Athlete takes on Marathon De Sables)
- Back on the Bar (Strategies for success)
- Tactical CrossFit (Practical)